Purpose of the Essay:
1. This is an opportunity for you to show who you are and who you can become at ABC.
2. The essay is an opportunity to be evaluated on your creativity and personal experience.
3. When completed, it is very important to proofread your essay. Make sure you use spell check. Please check for
grammatical errors and have someone you trust read through the essay to catch small mistakes.
Questions to consider and answer when you write your essay: 300-500 word essay (typed)
● Share your story- tell us who you are, share your accomplishments, reflect on a hobby, or experience that is
genuinely meaningful and unique to you.
● What sets you apart from other applicants?
● How have you overcome obstacles and problems? (Recount an incident or time when you experienced
failure). How did it affect you and what lessons did you learn?
● What are your long term goals? (What difference do you want to make in the world?)
● Why do you want to attend ABC?